January 31, 2013

Staffs TV improvise their way to NaSTAvision success

Stoke of Genius:

The national student music contest NaSTAvision was a success for Staffordshire University despite online streaming problems.

Created by NaSTA (National Student Television Association), the Eurovision-style competition was jointly hosted by Staffs TV with Southampton Solent's University yesterday (January 30).

Live acts were streamed online at Sonar TV from Stafford's Students’ Union venue Legends and ten other NaSTA stations nationwide but were subject to various technical issues.

Co-presenter alongside Alex Ryan Burnet, Naina Rishiraj, reflected on an entertaining day: "The stream sometimes froze but as we are all students and doing this off our own backs, we hope viewers forgave us!"

During the early stages of the show Sonar TV lost signal and had a power surge.

Naina said: "I had the station manager shouting down my ear piece telling me to improvise something to fill time.

"A lot of the improvisation scenes were entertaining even if they were unrehearsed! For example, Alex proposing to me or the air guitar off!"

The Broadcast Journalism student was overjoyed with the success of the day and would gladly present again.

"The experience for me was beyond anything I could have imagined," Naina added. "Although I took a massive sigh of relief when we went off air, I wouldnt have changed anything because the experience for me was more than worth it."

Musician John McDermott represented Staffs TV but was unable to take the title.

Gust were crowned the 2013 NaSTAvision champions while Jump were given the Highly Commended honour.

YSTV won the Best Technical award with Gust as the Highly Commended act.

The stream will be available on demand soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment